I have got someone asking me, “Hey Ari, I have got some digital softwares that I have been unable to sell off. You got any ideas??”
That set me off to thinking, for sure there will be folks like my friend who won’t be able to figure out ways to clear their items.
OK here goes….below I will share with you 10 resourceful things you can do with products that don’t sell.
1. Sell the reprint/reproduction rights to the product.
You could make money selling other people the rights to reproduce and sell the product. People are always looking for new products to sell.
2. Giveaway the product for free from your web site.
Just because it won’t sell doesn’t mean people won’t visit your web site to get it for free. They may see another product you sell and buy that one.
3. Try auctioning off the product at an online auction.
You may make part of your investment back. If you’re lucky, you may even make a profit because people sometimes get into bidding wars and will bid a higher price than the product is worth.
4. Use the product as a free bonus for another product you sell.
This will increase the perceived value of the product you’re selling. People will feel they’re receiving more for less.
5. Contact businesses with the same target market.
See if they would be interested in using your product as a free bonus for their product.
You could place your ad on the product and get free advertising.
6. Sell your product to businesses at wholesale cost as a promotional product.
Businesses are always looking for products they can giveaway to their customers with their advertising on the product. You could make part of your investment back.
7. Barter your product to other businesses for things you need for your own business.
You could trade for their products or services. This will save you money and help make up for your profit loss.
8. You could create an online contest so people could win your product.
This will attract traffic to your web site. You also could get free advertising by listing it on online contest directories.
9. If you decide to giveaway the product for free, allow other people to giveaway the product for free.
Place your web site ad on the product. This will spread your advertising and attract even more people to your site.
10. Ask businesses with the same target audience if they would be interested in combining your product with their product.
You could then sell them together as a package deal and split the profits. You may have better results selling your product this way.
There you go!
I hope you find any one of the above tips helpful. If they are, make sure you drop a comment to let me know ya. Cheers!
Love what you have read on?
If yes, feel free to comment below and share your thoughts, opinions and experiences. The comment box below is there for a reason. 😉
And oh, do reach out to me in Facebook. And also subscribe to my blog, will ya?
Ari Tumijo is a full-time Brand Consulting Practice Executive as well as Head of its Digital Strategies with Rayan Daniyal Consulting (RDC) brand practice. He possesses 5 years of digital marketing experience and this website is the result of his continuous seeking and sharing of knowledge. With RDC, he is responsible for developing the solutions for clients seeking to improve their digital presence and brand equity in the social media space. In addition to account servicing role, Ari is also involved in business development for Brand Capital, a subsidiary brand of RDC. He has a Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering and spent his early career years in F&B Management and Semi-conductor industry.