If you have ever realised lately, there has been an ASTOUNDING number of new “gurus” popping up like mushrooms in the world of internet marketing. Amazingly, this has coincided with a whole host of very poorly though-out products that offer very little or no value to the purchaser.
Coincidence? You decide, OK?
It could be that you are already an internet marketing Guru and you don’t even know it YET. So just to help you out, here is a list of 10 things that will help you work out if you are in fact an Internet Marketing “Guru”.
10. Every family event, birth, wedding, party or even funeral is seen as a potential source of sales and the ideal opportunity for an impromptu seminar.
9. You approach the local postman and offer him 50% of sales to your new product in return for use of his “list”.
8. You start to use words and expressions like “skyrocket” and “Explode your Income” in day to day conversations.
7. You write your wife a note to tell her you’ve taken the dog for a walk and it stretches to 8 pages.
6. You phone your local giant supermarket and ask If you can get your shopping “even if it’s 2a.m”.
5. You and your friends’ idea of fun is seeing who can get a poorly-written book to no.1 in Amazon.
4. You get embarrassed in the showers when you find your friend has a bigger list than you.
3. You decide to sell your car but won’t tell anyone the price until they are in the bank and ready to pay.
2. You take your youngest kid to a new school and then try to upsell to your oldest kid and tell the headmaster that he will never see this offer again.
1. You can’t see the irony in the last 9 reasons.
What do you do If any of the above apply to you?
If you recognise that more than 1 of the 10 are applicable, then I am afraid you are probably beyond saving.
Ari Tumijo is a freelance digital marketer and affiliate marketer, and was previously a full-time Brand Consulting Practice Executive as well as Head of its Digital Strategies with Rayan Daniyal Consulting (RDC) brand practice. He possesses 5 years of digital marketing experience and this website is the result of his continuous seeking and sharing of knowledge. With RDC, he was responsible for developing the solutions for clients seeking to improve their digital presence and brand equity in the social media space. In addition to account servicing role, Ari was also involved in business development for Brand Capital, a subsidiary brand of RDC. He has a Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering and spent his early career years in F&B Management and Semi-conductor industry.